Saturday, October 16, 2010

Concert vs. Commercial

Because of a Dancers Responding to Aids show I did last year at the Joyce I received a contract with MSA, a premiere talent agency in the city. They cover anything and everything that has to do with dance: TV, film, print, concert, everything.
Having my first meeting with them this year was surreal. Located at 140 Broadway on the 46th fl I stepped off the elevator and was welcomed with the breathtaking fiew of the Hudson, with lady liberty seeming close enough to touch.
This…is the commercial world. Something I never dreamed of doing but would be a fool to pass up.
I’ve always aspired to be a concert dancer, in a professional company touring the world. Sure, the pay may not be great but just think about the artistic fulfillment…can’t wait.
But in falls on my lap this wonderful opportunity to do short 3-5 day gigs that could pay my bills for a couple of months. I’m talking smiling headshots, commercials, and seeing my face in magazines. Glitz, glamour, and “talent”…is it worth it? Would I be growing artistically or just be more well rounded?
If the baby kicks… 

No comments:

Post a Comment